We are streaming through the nightly news after many requests. Watch live on the ABC 7 Website if you are able (must activate your Flash) if you can:
Now in closed caption.
MAP OF THE FIRES:
CONSTANT UPDATES BELOW:
14 Fires in 8 Northern California Counties – North Bay Fires – “Ash Falling LIke Snow” – Bad Air Quality
NORTH BAY FIRES:
Nuns Fire, Tubbs Fire, Santa Rosa, Partrick Fire, Sulphur Fire, Redwood Complex Fire, Atlas Fire, Calistoga Fire, Napa Wine Country Fire miles from downtown Santa Rosa, CA.
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA FIRES:
Orange County – 2,000 Acres
– Gas Service currently cut off in some cities now
– Comcast is making WiFi Hotspots available for FREE to help with communication.
– Evacuations have been ordered in Anaheim Hills as a brush fire burns; 91 Freeway east closed
– Santa Rosa just extended the fire evac zone to another 5,000 houses NORTH of Santa Rosa. It is moving away from the city center.
– 50% Fire Containment in Blue Lake
– Currently at 35,000 Acres burned near Santa Rosa, CA
– 70,000 overall around Sonoma and Napa counties.
– Fires at Limited or No Containment
– 90,000 PG&E Customers without power right now
– Cell Reception is not good in some areas
– 20,000 Already Evacuated
– 1,500 Structures Destroyed in Santa Rosa, CA so far
– 2 Hospitals evacuated in the early morning 10/9/2017
– 10 Confirmed fatalities.
– 4 At Burn center in San Fransisco, CA many more injured
– “What is now being called the Redwood Complex Fire spread from Redwood Valley up the Willits Grade in the middle of the night as emergency personnel rushed to evacuate residents. Highway 101 is closed from Uva Drive to the Ridgewood Grade. The sheriff has declared a state of emergency for Mendocino County. About 80 structures have been destroyed, 11 in Potter Valley. More than 400 responders are now at the scene. – Ukiah Daily Journal”
DESCRIPTION OF EVENTS
Santa Rosa was under siege Monday from a wildfire that quickly burned 20,000 acres and had residents running for their lives.
The Tubbs fire broke out near the northern end of the city, forcing the evacuations of hundreds of homes as well as two hospitals. Witnesses said homes and businesses had burned but it was not clear how many.
The city of Napa recently reporting no structural damage within the city limits at this time.
The Same thing cannot be said about Santa Rosa. Still hearing about the damage so far 1,500 structures burned.
AREAS KNOWN TO HAVE DAMAGE:
Coffee Park in Santa Rosa, CA badly hit by the Tubbs Fire.
Coddington Mobile Home Park badly hit as well in Rohnert Park (10 Mobile Homes Destroyed)
Journey’s End Mobile Home Park in Santa Rosa, CA may be a total loss.
Silverado Highlands above golf course and country club hit very hard.
Glenellen also devastated by fire
Rincon Valley Eastern Santa Rosa hit hard as well.
Fountaingrove Neighborhood hit hard by the fires.
Yountville hit hard by the fires. The French Laundry Restaurant is fine.
Cloverdale also hit by the fires
Many evacuating to Sebastopol, Petaluma and surrounding areas South of the North Bay Area
Napa Valley Junior College Still has room, LC Allen High School, New Life Christian Church in Petaluma (Taking 350), Petaluma Community Center (FULL), Sebastopol Community Center, Solano Community College in Fairfield, Burton Rec Ctr, Healdsburg Community Ctr, Marin Veterans Auditorium in San Rafael – WIll Take Pets,
Napa County Animal Shelter (Small Pets)
Santa Rosa Fairgrounds (Large Animals)
#sonoma #sonomavalley #napa #wildfire #tubbsfire #santarosa #easternsantarosa #westernsantarosa #rohnertpark #napavalley #fire #californiafire #calistogafire #lakemadigan #northbayfire #northbay #breakingnews #live #livestream #evacuations #rinconvalley #updates #liveupdates #napaairport #santaannawinds #Atlasfire #Nunsfire #Partrickfire #Sulphurfire